I have been really enjoying the Spring launches from Guerlain this year, the collection is already giving me the vibes in this so-called spring which still feels somewhat like winter but keeping my fingers crossed for the full fledged spring season in coming week.
“For me, happiness begins the moment you wake up. To help women feel beautiful, I created this spring collection as an antidote to the gloom and I delighted in slipping happy messages into their make-up products. Does beauty have the power to make us feel happy? I’m convinced that it does! ” Olivier Echaudemaison
Guerlain Météorites Compact Compact Illuminating Powder is a travel version of the legendary pearls that corrects, mattifies and delicately brightens the complexion. The pearls are finely pressed to reborn in a harmony of 4 beauty-enhancing shades to offer the perfect amount of light adapted to each skin tone. The pressed powder features the signature Météorites corrective matte and light-catching shades, offering tailored radiance to each complexion while the formula blurs pores and imperfections. It also offers shine-control action leaving the skin looking smooth, luminous and matte while at the same time helping it to retain moisture. The 4 shades of correcting powder to be used together or individually for skin tone correction.
Météorites pressed powder can be used as a setting powder or over the makeup to add radiance and do skin tone correction, works nicely as a touch up aid during the day. It can also be used on bare skin on the days you don’t want to apply makeup but still want some glow. I was not sure if this shade will work for me but as the powder is tranparent or I should say colorless, lightweight, and silky soft, it blends into the skin seamlessly.
I have have the Meteorites original version in same shade and it is one of most favorite powders to use for the subtle radiance while keeping my problem areas blurred.
Guerlain Météorites Highlighter Duo with its rose and lilac holographic shades. The Météorites Highlighter Duo reflects the light thanks to the two holographic shades.
‘In 1987, the loose powder was encapsulated into multicoloured pearls for the very first time: Météorites was born. With a brush stroke, these pearls move together to release an incredibly lightweight perfecting halo. The skin is diffused with light and glows with new radiance. ‘
Guerlain Météorites Highlighter Duo gives a light and subtle effect of the silky rosy highlighter shades. Both the shades in this duo work nicely when dry or a more intense effect when wet. The formula is pigmented, easy to apply, and blend nicely. I was under the impression it might not suit my medium skin tone but surprisingly it looks really pretty, I am all in for the spring look. The duo is nestled inside a cushion-style case and is the perfect travel companion. The packaging is designed with a mirror inside, you can touch-up your make-up any time of the day.
Guerlain KissKiss The Creamy Shaping Lip Colour is the same beautiful, pigmented, moisturizing formula in a new holographic finish. The lips feel and look comfortable, moisturized, plump, and smooth.
The sleek case features infinitely elegant curves and the lipstick itself is engraved with stars and moons, an elegant detail that evokes a promise of love greater than the stars with this springtime look. The two shades of this limited edition chic, timeless essential for a Morning Love look with a romantic touch I swatched in this post are 543 Peachy Star and 575 Lilac Moon.
Overall, a beautiful collection and definitely giving me the spring feel. Guerlain Beauty Products and Home Fragrances are available at Guerlain Boutiques, Hudson’s Bay, Shoppers Drug Mart, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, and Holt Renfrew.*Press samples
In honour of Mother’s Day, Glossybox has curated a limited edition beauty box with hand-picked products for the special day. The six luxurious beauty goodies feature all the essentials that give every mom the well-deserved glow. This beautifully designed box, keeping in my mind the most important female in one’s lives, is the perfect gift to a fellow mom or for yourself.
The products in the Limited Edition Mother’s Day Box for 2019 are:
- Patchology FlashPatch Illuminating Eye Gels, Full Size, 1 box/5 singles – These eye gels are packed with Vitamin C, great for lifting dark circles. The formula lightens, illuminates, and helps lift the area and the whole look.
- Babo Botanicals Nutri-Shine Vegan Lip Luminizer Lip Gloss, Full Size, 0.14 fl oz – It is a hydrating lip luminizer that nourishes and softens the lips while leaving a super high shine gloss finish. With some nice ingredients in it, it glides on nicely on the lips.
- Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair Leave-In Heat Protection Spray, Full Size, 4.2 fl oz – It is a vitamin enriched treatment spray with has a technology that protects strands from heat while strengthening and smoothing hair. The spray creates a protective barrier, preventing breakage, split ends, and frizz for hair.
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Vanilla Twist Layering Oil, Full Size, 0.67 fl oz – is an oil that helps to customize the scent you are wearing, specifically the Flowerbomb. It can be layered underneath the Eau de Pardum to enhance different notes of Flowerbomb. To customize your scent, spray Flowerbomb and then apply vanilla Twist on pulse points: wrists, the neck, behind ears, and decollete.
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau De Parfum Sample, 0.2 fl oz
- Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL Black, Full Size, 0.46 oz – It has long-wear formula combining beeswax for lash conditioning, carnauba wax for even adherence, and soluble collagen for full lashes with added shine.
- Doctor Babor Lifting Rx Lifting Bi-Phase Ampoules, Full Size, 7x 1/32 fl oz Ampoule Concentrates – The ampoules combine the concentrated power of an active serum with the richly moisturizing properties of plant oils. The ampoule is shaken to create an effective blend of serum and oil before applying. The formula absorbs quickly, leaving the skin feeling incredibly smooth and velvety.
Overall, an amazing which is a perfect treat for your mom or yourself. And for you guys, you can get 20% off on the official site of all the respective brands with code GLOSSY20. Glossybox Mother’s Day 2019 Limited Edition box is limited edition, so better you check it before it is sold out.
Nars Exposed Collection is giving me Spring feels, I know there is snow prediction this coming weekend (hopefully the last one for this season) before I start wearing bright and beautiful colors – both for outfits and my makeup. Nars Exposed Collection is just in time to be ready for spring and summer. The collection is just so beautiful, the packaging is beyond gorgeous. Nars Exposed Collection is a limited edition collection comprising of Exposed Cheek Palette and three Explicit Color Lip Duo.
Exposed Cheek Palette has six universally flattering shades with sheer-to-buildable coverage. The palette has a beautiful collection of luminous neutral and bright shades which will look beautiful on all skin tones, just a little different on how it shows on different skin tones.
The formula is lightweight, applies smoothly, and blends in easily. The formula is pigmented, I would recommend starting with a light hand then build it as per the finish needed. The shades and formula do not look flat but vibrant and fresh on the skin. The formula can also be worked as dry or wet, based on how intense finish you need. The finish is satiny radiant fresh complexion with a hint of colour.
All six shades in the palette are new. The shades from top left to right are described below:
Tell All – Pearlescent golden pink
Now Or Never – Satin terracotta
Give It away – Satin nude
Make You Mine – Satin peach
Come Hither – Satin watermelon
New Fling – Satin fuchsia
Explicit Color Lip Duo is a limited edition mini lip duo featuring Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and Glossy Lip Tint. I love Velvet Matte Lip Pencil formula in general and do have few shades in my bag, they are comfortable to wear, the formula is quite pigmented and good staying time.
Glossy Lip Tint is something I have not tried before, it feels like a glossy tinted lip balm which is sheer and compliments pretty well over the velvet matte lip pencil. The duos have one to one match of shades, means there are three ways the duos can be used, each alone or together. The lip duos in pink, nude and red schemes featuring classic shades Sex Machine, Intriguing and Dragon Girl.
Sex Machine – Pink Mauve
Intriguing – Rose Pink
Dragon Girl – Vivid Siren Red
The Dragon Girl duo is the boldest shade in the collection, Intriguing and Sex Machine look beautiful for everyday wear.
Overall, an amazing collection with very much wearable products and shades, perfect for spring and for all year round. Exposed Cheek Palette is available at Sephora, Hudson’s Bay, Nordstrom, Murale, and narscosmetics.ca while Explicit Color Lip Duo is available at Nordstrom and narscosmetics.ca*Press samples