If you follow me on Instagram, you might know how much I like the new Shiseido makeup, the products are so beautiful, the formulas glide on the skin like second-skin and the performance is great. I reviewed most of the products from the newly launched Shiseido Makeup range here in the past. I am sharing two products – one is new to me and the other is new shades of a favourite – in this post.
Shiseido Kajal InkArtist is one of the creamiest and beautiful product with enough pigment that builds on quickly to give as much intensity and boldness you want or a single swipe is perfect for everyday use. The staying power is amazing. I have been using the shades 04 Azuki Red and 05 Plum Blossom since January this year and they are like my reintroduction to colour on eyes, which in the past I did not like to experience much. They work great as an eye shadow, eyeliner, and even on the brows. The formula is very lightweight and the finish is matte. The tip of the liner with a sponge on the other side is perfect to apply and smudge.
I have two new shades on rotation – 06 Birodo Green and 09 Nippon Noir, swatches are below. This is definitely a keeper and I do look forward to using more color on my eyes.
Shiseido MicroLiner Ink is a micro-fine eyeliner with high impact pigments glides across lids with the utmost precision to deliver a weightless, smudge-proof matte inky line. The weightless, inky pencil features thermo-sensory technology that allows this formula to transform from a solid to a liquid upon contact with skin, creating a flexible, water-resistant film that lasts for over 12 hours that I have tested. The micro-thin lead can also be dotted between lashes or glided across eyes with remarkable precision and no skipping. It is available in five shades inspired by Sumi ink sticks used in traditional Japanese calligraphy and I have swatched two shades for you guys which I have been using on rotation – 01 Black and 02 Brown – both are perfect for my everyday look.
This new makeup launches are definitely , I will keep the products in the rotation since I am really enjoying them in my everyday routine. Shiseido Makeup Collection is available Sephora Canada, Hudson’s Bay, Murale, Beautyboutique by Shoppers Drug Mart.*Press samples
bareMinerals has come amazing products which have a cult following, the formulas and performance combination is something that is suitable to most of the skin types as well as to the people who have never been a fan of makeup, they treat the products as part of their skincare. bareMinerals barePro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation with SPF 20 was a well-loved foundation by my skin and I reviewed in almost two years back here. I am so glad to try and share my thoughts on the NEW bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick SPF25 with you today.
bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick SPF25 is a water-based liquid foundation in a stick that combines hydrating skincare benefits and SPF with naturally radiant medium coverage. The easy-to-blend texture melts into skin for all-day wear that’s lightweight and never cakey, with a radiant finish. Use the multitasking formula as foundation, concealer, contour or for touch-ups on-the-go. It is suitable for all skin types, especially dry skin.
The formula glides on nicely on the skin and I blend it with my fingers or a buffing brush. For my combination skin, as I like glowy and dewy base, this works like a charm. It does not make my skin look oily but is hydrating enough to not emphasize the dry areas on my face. I have swatched three shades of the foundation below. I mix shades 5 and 6 for my medium skin tone with golden undertones.
The coverage is medium and the formula is comfortable on the skin. It does not breaks or cakes during the day, with or without a makeup primer. I use a setting powder on my oily areas and I am good to go. It looks very natural and radiant on the skin. The staying power is nice stays put throughout the day with some fading at the end of the day which is normal for a medium coverage foundation. It is a nice addition to my makeup bases and the stick packaging is welcome in my travel bag.
bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick SPF25 is available at Sephora, Sephora.ca, and Nordstrom.*Press samples
SkinStore has a new limited edition collection of essentials for Men, perfect timings for Father’s Day to celebrate the men in your life. This curation of products is of top tier skin care for men contains brand staples including Redken and SkinCeuticals. Whether it’s for your father, uncle, partner, co-worker, or yourself, Men’s Collection is the ultimate kit for the man who’s putting his skincare on the front line in his successful endeavours.
‘Men’s Collection from Skinstore is the perfect gift for the man, or men, in our lives.’
A USD $250 value, this collection bag retails for USD$69 and per my experience with previously limited edition beauty bags from SkinStore, these sell out fast. The reason is the value and curation of products – both are the best.
This Bag Contains:
- Redken Brews Texture Pomade (Full Size – 100ml) – It allows you to create your desired style with minimal effort. High performance and fortified with Mineral Salt, the pliable pomade adds texture and definition to all hair types; it combines unrivalled pliability with maximum control and a matte finish. No stiffness or greasy residue.
- The Organic Pharmacy – Ultra Light Moisture Gel (Full Size – 75ml) – It is perfect to hydrate, refresh and energize the skin. A light gel that energizes and instantly hydrates, revitalizing tired skin and infusing it with an arsenal of antioxidants which protect skin throughout the day. With extracts of Aloe, Green Tea and Licorice to soothe the skin.
- Murad Essential-C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (Full Size – 1.7 FL oz) – It is the skin’s defence barrier and maintains optimal hydration. This powerful antioxidant-rich sunscreen shields and restores environmentally stressed skin. The increased vitamin C and SPF in Murad Environmental Shield Essential C Day Moisture SPF 30 provide powerful protection against harmful UVA/UVB rays and free radical damage. This protective lotion features the patented Skin Repair System which improves radiance, firmness and elasticity, leaving the skin looking wonderful whilst keeping it fully protected.
- BABOR – 3D Hydro Gel Eye Pads (Full Size – 4 Pack) – These cooling 3D Hydro-Gel Eye Pads are optimally shaped to mould perfectly to the eye contours. It contains a synergistic blend of hyaluronic acid, hexapeptide-8 and second skin technology, specially developed for the delicate area around the eyes.
- Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask (50 ml) – It is purifying, decongesting and hydrating mask with odourless Irish Moor Mud helps draw out dirt, oil and grime as it infuses skin with moisture, vitamins, essential minerals and potent anti-oxidant benefits.
- SkinCeuticals – C E Ferulic (4 ml) – It is a daytime vitamin C serum that delivers advanced environmental protection and improves the appearance of lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, and brightens skin’s complexion
I am so glad to see all the products are chosen so carefully, they are one of the bestsellers from their respective brands and categories.
The box is curated by the SkinStore Beauty – skincare experts and the presentation in the black leather bag is perfect to gift it straight to that special person. For me personally, I am going to share the products, that means to have the eye gels and the mask for me, and rest will be his. The boxes are extremely limited in the number, so I would recommend you to check it out on SkinStore here before they run out of stock.*Press samples