Fresh has always amazed me with the products and ingredients that they use in the products. Rose, the queen of flowers, has been a part of skincare for me since I was in school. Be it the rose water or the freshly plucked rose leaves I used to apply on my face after coming from school in the scorching summer heat or it was the rose syrup used in the drinks to give coolness and relaxation to the body and mind. So it is natural for me to have a soft corner for the rose. Coming back to the topic, Rose Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask is a new mask from Fresh Beauty launched this year, 2019.
Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask is a 2-step mask that replenishes and locks in moisture overnight, definitely a full night’s rest in a jar. The mask is packed with ingredients that are not just gentle on the skin but they work. The rosewater soothes the skin, damask rose extract smoothens the skin, and hyaluronic acid hydrated and plumps the skin.
‘A high level of hydration is the best thing you can offer your skin while you sleep because your temperature rises which leads to moisture loss.’ explains Fresh Co-founder Lev Glazman. To use this 2-step mask, step 1 is to apply the cooling gel essence to drench the skin with calming rosewater. The ingredients also smooth and hydrate the skin giving supple skin. In step 2, follow with the silky water-cream mask to lock that hydration in.
The mask is suitable for most of the skin types but definitely would be a treat for dry and normal skin types. For my combination skin which handles rose very well since I can remember, this mask is very soothing, calming, and hydrating. I would not say it is heavy or anything, step 1 feels like a lightweight gel and then the creamy step 2 formula sits on pretty well over the step 1 gel. Both of them together melts into the skin nicely and does not feel sticky, I do give it a time to sink in, like I apply the mask and then give it few minutes while I do chores before heading to bed. My skin definitely looks and feels fresh and nice in the morning, it is smooth, soft, and supple. A nice addition to my sleeping mask.
I have been really enjoying the Spring launches from Guerlain this year, the collection is already giving me the vibes in this so-called spring which still feels somewhat like winter but keeping my fingers crossed for the full fledged spring season in coming week.
“For me, happiness begins the moment you wake up. To help women feel beautiful, I created this spring collection as an antidote to the gloom and I delighted in slipping happy messages into their make-up products. Does beauty have the power to make us feel happy? I’m convinced that it does! ” Olivier Echaudemaison
Guerlain Météorites Compact Compact Illuminating Powder is a travel version of the legendary pearls that corrects, mattifies and delicately brightens the complexion. The pearls are finely pressed to reborn in a harmony of 4 beauty-enhancing shades to offer the perfect amount of light adapted to each skin tone. The pressed powder features the signature Météorites corrective matte and light-catching shades, offering tailored radiance to each complexion while the formula blurs pores and imperfections. It also offers shine-control action leaving the skin looking smooth, luminous and matte while at the same time helping it to retain moisture. The 4 shades of correcting powder to be used together or individually for skin tone correction.
Météorites pressed powder can be used as a setting powder or over the makeup to add radiance and do skin tone correction, works nicely as a touch up aid during the day. It can also be used on bare skin on the days you don’t want to apply makeup but still want some glow. I was not sure if this shade will work for me but as the powder is tranparent or I should say colorless, lightweight, and silky soft, it blends into the skin seamlessly.
I have have the Meteorites original version in same shade and it is one of most favorite powders to use for the subtle radiance while keeping my problem areas blurred.
Guerlain Météorites Highlighter Duo with its rose and lilac holographic shades. The Météorites Highlighter Duo reflects the light thanks to the two holographic shades.
‘In 1987, the loose powder was encapsulated into multicoloured pearls for the very first time: Météorites was born. With a brush stroke, these pearls move together to release an incredibly lightweight perfecting halo. The skin is diffused with light and glows with new radiance. ‘
Guerlain Météorites Highlighter Duo gives a light and subtle effect of the silky rosy highlighter shades. Both the shades in this duo work nicely when dry or a more intense effect when wet. The formula is pigmented, easy to apply, and blend nicely. I was under the impression it might not suit my medium skin tone but surprisingly it looks really pretty, I am all in for the spring look. The duo is nestled inside a cushion-style case and is the perfect travel companion. The packaging is designed with a mirror inside, you can touch-up your make-up any time of the day.
Guerlain KissKiss The Creamy Shaping Lip Colour is the same beautiful, pigmented, moisturizing formula in a new holographic finish. The lips feel and look comfortable, moisturized, plump, and smooth.
The sleek case features infinitely elegant curves and the lipstick itself is engraved with stars and moons, an elegant detail that evokes a promise of love greater than the stars with this springtime look. The two shades of this limited edition chic, timeless essential for a Morning Love look with a romantic touch I swatched in this post are 543 Peachy Star and 575 Lilac Moon.
Overall, a beautiful collection and definitely giving me the spring feel. Guerlain Beauty Products and Home Fragrances are available at Guerlain Boutiques, Hudson’s Bay, Shoppers Drug Mart, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, and Holt Renfrew.*Press samples
In honour of Mother’s Day, Glossybox has curated a limited edition beauty box with hand-picked products for the special day. The six luxurious beauty goodies feature all the essentials that give every mom the well-deserved glow. This beautifully designed box, keeping in my mind the most important female in one’s lives, is the perfect gift to a fellow mom or for yourself.
The products in the Limited Edition Mother’s Day Box for 2019 are:
- Patchology FlashPatch Illuminating Eye Gels, Full Size, 1 box/5 singles – These eye gels are packed with Vitamin C, great for lifting dark circles. The formula lightens, illuminates, and helps lift the area and the whole look.
- Babo Botanicals Nutri-Shine Vegan Lip Luminizer Lip Gloss, Full Size, 0.14 fl oz – It is a hydrating lip luminizer that nourishes and softens the lips while leaving a super high shine gloss finish. With some nice ingredients in it, it glides on nicely on the lips.
- Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair Leave-In Heat Protection Spray, Full Size, 4.2 fl oz – It is a vitamin enriched treatment spray with has a technology that protects strands from heat while strengthening and smoothing hair. The spray creates a protective barrier, preventing breakage, split ends, and frizz for hair.
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Vanilla Twist Layering Oil, Full Size, 0.67 fl oz – is an oil that helps to customize the scent you are wearing, specifically the Flowerbomb. It can be layered underneath the Eau de Pardum to enhance different notes of Flowerbomb. To customize your scent, spray Flowerbomb and then apply vanilla Twist on pulse points: wrists, the neck, behind ears, and decollete.
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau De Parfum Sample, 0.2 fl oz
- Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL Black, Full Size, 0.46 oz – It has long-wear formula combining beeswax for lash conditioning, carnauba wax for even adherence, and soluble collagen for full lashes with added shine.
- Doctor Babor Lifting Rx Lifting Bi-Phase Ampoules, Full Size, 7x 1/32 fl oz Ampoule Concentrates – The ampoules combine the concentrated power of an active serum with the richly moisturizing properties of plant oils. The ampoule is shaken to create an effective blend of serum and oil before applying. The formula absorbs quickly, leaving the skin feeling incredibly smooth and velvety.
Overall, an amazing which is a perfect treat for your mom or yourself. And for you guys, you can get 20% off on the official site of all the respective brands with code GLOSSY20. Glossybox Mother’s Day 2019 Limited Edition box is limited edition, so better you check it before it is sold out.